Advanced Course on Orthognatic Surgery. Course by Prof. Johan Reyneke
17-19 may 2018
Educational and Counseling Center EdMed in association with the Surgical Stomatology and Maxillofacial Surgery Department of the Pavlov First Saint-Petersburg State Medical University (Associate Professor — Andreischev Andrei, M.D.) and Practical Base of the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cosmetology and Cell Technologies Department of the Faculty of additional professional education of the Russian National Research Medical University named after N.I. Pirogov (Head — Manturova Natalia, M.D.) Beauty Institute SPIKA (Head Doctor – Rybakin Arthur) is organizing the three days advanced educational course for maxillofacial, orthognatic and plastic surgeons, orthodontists and otolaryngologists « Advanced Course on Orthognatic Surgery. Course by Prof. Johan Reyneke».
Prof. Johan Reyneke – holds three international professorships:
- Clinical Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Oklahoma, USA– 2000
- Clinical professor at the University of Florida, Gainesville, USA — 2004
- Associate professor in the department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Monterrey, Mexico
- Director of the Centre for Orthognathic Surgery at Sunninghill Hospital, Sunninghill
In 2003 he was awarded the Fellowship in Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery by peer review in the College of Medicine of South Africa and obtained his PhD at the University of Tampere, Finland in March 2006.
Professor Reyneke has published more than 70 papers in refereed journals and has also written several chapters in well-known text books in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery. He has published several text books on orthognathic surgery and the Second Edition of his book “Essentials of Orthognathic Surgery” was published in October 2010.
A series of International courses, “Orthognathic Surgery – occlusion and beyond” is being presented by him in countries such as Italy, Brazil, Korea, Denmark, Israel, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, Lithuania, Saudi Arabia, Arabian Emmirates and the U.S.A. He served from 2007-2011 on the Research Committee of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Johan has received several National and International Awards and presented the “Presidents lecture” at the International Maxillofacial and Oral surgery conference in Barcelona in 2014.
Prof Reyneke was a member of the Executive Committee of the South African Society of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgeons from 1984 to 2000 and served as the President from 1994 to 1998. He was the President of the College of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgeons of South Africa from 2008 to 2011. He spends his leisure time on art and golf. He has a busy private practice and has performed more than 8500 orthognathic surgical procedures over the last 35 years.
Within the three days Course listeners will get:
- Lectures day on such topics as:
- Management (assessment and diagnosis) of the orthognathic patient.
- Complications in Orthognathic Surgery
- Correction of Facial Asymmetry
- The art and science of genioplasty
- Correction of anterior open bite
- Considerations for the correction of Hemifacial Microsomia
- Scenarios in orthognathic surgery (incisor position: a key in orthognathic treatment planning)
- Correction of Binders syndrome by naso-maxillary osteotomy
- Patient matched facial implants
- Surgery first? A critical evaluation of treatment sequencing in Orthognathic Surgery
- Correction of mandibular asymmetry by unilateral sagittal split ramus osteotomy
- Live surgery day – live broadcast of surgeries to the conference hall and Internet
- Dissection course – practice on licensed cadavers in small group (10 students) under the guidance of Professor Johan Reyneke and leading Russian surgeons (Andreischev Andrei, M.D. and others)
Discount on 2 day’s course:
SPRAS, STaR and EACMFS members – 10%
SPECIAL OFFER for Interns/Postgraduate students/Physicians — 3 tickets for the price of 2